Spot it! is one of the most popular card games on the planet right now. It is a high speed matching game in which players race to find the same image on two cards. Playing the game is a great way of improving the brain’s processing speed while having good ‘ole fashioned fun (no tech required!). And it is such an irresistibly versatile game that people are coming up with new ways to play all the time. Last month, we told you about one of our secret variations called Ducks In A Row. In case you missed it, check out the article here.
We recently discovered another creative fan-made variation that involves combining the car
ds from Spot it! with the rules from the popular storytelling game Dixit Jinx. It’s called “Spot It Stories.” Here’s how to play:
Spot It Stories Rules
- Put nine Spot it! cards face-up in a 3 by 3 grid.
- The first player tells a short story (one or two sentences long) alluding to three icons on one of the face-up cards in the grid, without explicitly saying any of the names of the icons.
- One at a time, the other players then guess which card the storyteller is talking about by pointing at it.
- If you point to the correct card, you add that card face-down to your scoring pile.
- If you point to an incorrect card, the storyteller scores it instead. Players then continue guessing until either:
- The correct card is chosen.
- Three incorrect cards are chosen. In this case, the storyteller does not score any of the cards, and loses one additional card from their scoring pile, placing those cards in a separate discard pile.
- Fill in the empty space(s) from the remaining cards and pass the storyteller role on to the next player (clockwise).
- Once the last card from the tin is placed on the table, the final round begins.
- The winner is the player with the most cards in their scoring pile at the end of the game.
For even more fun ways to play, check out these links to the official game rules:
Leave a comment below if you have your own ways of playing. We would love to hear from you!