With the outbreak of the coronavirus, COVID-19, we want to provide support and advice to the families and children staying home during this time of uncertainty. We’ve put together some tips to help keep the little ones entertained and keep families safe. We encourage all of you to listen to healthcare providers and officials regarding best practices and procedures to ensure your safety and well-being.
“Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.”World Health Organization
Keeping The Kids Entertained (And Safe)!
ARTS N CRAFTS!
Arts n crafts are the perfect way to keep kids entertained, and safe! Whether it’s painting, drawing, or creating homemade crafts, kids are having fun while stimulating their creative side!
- Tons of resources from our friends at Lakeshore Learning: https://www.lakeshorelearning.com/resources/free-resources
- Art Inspiration: https://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/20-kid-art-projects-pretty-enough-to-frame.html
- Great Book Ideas: https://redtri.com/best-childrens-books-march-2020/slide/20
- Resources for fun crafts: https://www.dltk-kids.com
- Stories to listen to: https://www.storylineonline.net/
Board games are always fun for kids! At BlueOrange, we have educational, strategy, speed, and party games that are perfect for staying in and testing your gaming skills. Want to learn how to play the games? Visit our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueOrangeUSA
- Kitty Bitty: It’s nap time for the itty bitty kitties, but they just want to play!
- Super Genius: This matching game will propel your child into ABC fun as they sound out the letters while matching them with familiar and vibrant illustrations.
- Sumoku: Sumoku is a unique crossword-style game with numbers.
- Double Shutter: Roll the dice, add up the dots and find the best combination of numbered tiles to shut down.
Although it’s important to practice social distancing and stay six feet apart, we can take this time to appreciate nature. Go on a walk, a run, plant a garden, take your dog out! As long as we remember health guidelines, it can serve us well to enjoy the outdoors.
- Seeds that grow fast: https://mytechclassroom.com/fast-growing-seeds/
- Flower craft ideas: https://rhythmsofplay.com/flower-nature-crafts/
- Nature art: https://artfulparent.com/nature-art-for-kids/
- Nature themed crafts: https://www.artycraftykids.com/craft/50-nature-crafts-kids/
Want to order games?
It’s still possible! Visit our online store here, order your favorite games, and a local retailer will be able to ship them to you!